ViVID™ Service Mapping
ViVID (Virima Visual Impact Display) Service Mapping provides application and service dependency mapping with dynamic visual depictions of your IT infrastructure, application dependencies, business services, and ITSM process relationships.
See the Big Picture
Seemingly minor configuration changes have been known to have dire consequences. Application dependency mapping helps you easily identify stakeholders and understand the potential risks when planning IT infrastructure changes.
Service Mapping That Eliminates the Guesswork
“What changed?” is usually the first thing people ask when a service interruption occurs. Service mapping, and not just application dependency mapping, helps you identify root causes of incidents to quickly restore service availability.
Maximize CMDB Value
Make sure your CMDB adds true value across the organization and isn’t just a glorified spreadsheet full of hard-to-consume data. Service mapping helps turn the CMDB into a trusted resource for countless stakeholders.
How ViVID Service Mapping works
Map Any Service
- If the service runs as an application, website, or combination of the two, application dependency mapping tools by Virima will help you map them.
- Leverage the ability to map on-premise, cloud-based, and hybrid services as well.
- Business service dependency mapping is available for major applications such as “Epic” and “payroll”.
- ViVID allows mapping of abstract business services consisting of many apps like “order entry” or “HR”.
Mapping Made Easy with Automated Discovery
- Virima Discovery provides the CMDB with several data points to compile asset relationships and application dependencies.
- Virima CMDB compiles the data into various Business Service Maps (BSMs).
- ViVID service mapping is as easy as naming the service and pointing it to a logical starting point such as an app or web server and all of their relationships become part of the service map.
- Any change to the CMDB data is automatically reflected in the service map.
Reduce the risk of change
- Use application dependency maps to identify what could be impacted during change windows or if something could go wrong as a result of the change.
- Identify and coordinate with necessary stakeholders and involve in the change approval process.
- With ITSM integration, service maps display which service assets have changes pending and which have recently received changes.
- Quickly find out who to contact if a recent change appears to cause a service disruption.
Recover from outages faster
- Integrate with system monitoring tools to automatically display alerts that could impact service availability before the effects are felt.
- ITSM integration displays which business services and service assets have open incidents.
- Quickly identify root causes of service interruptions by seeing which service assets have open incidents and recent changes. “What changed?” scenario.
- Clicking “re-scan now” triggers a real-time scan of only the mapped service assets to confirm everything is online and allows you to check for any unapproved or undocumented changes.
- Stay abreast of any changes occurring across services, applications, compute platforms, network, and storage.
- Use ViVID to confirm the completeness of the CMDB by ensuring no relationships exist with non-CMDB assets.
- Identify suspect communications with external systems.
- Quickly identify critical service assets and single points of failure.
- Leverage discovery and dependency mapping and ITSM integration with ServiceNow, Cherwell and Jira.
Consumable and personalized
- Virima’s service mapping tools enable you to create filters to focus only on the asset types that matter to you.
- Organize asset icons in any order you prefer and the connecting lines automatically follow.
- Save, share, export, and print customized business service management (BSM) views.
- Assign meaningful names to asset relationships for a clearer understanding of service mapping relationships and application dependencies.
- Color coding depicts the nature of asset-to-asset relationships for easier comprehension.
Virima can tell you more things about more IT assets with greater accuracy than ever imagined and present the info in a variety of powerful, dynamic visualizations and reports.
Virima breaks down the information silos by providing accurate, detailed asset configurations and easy to understand visual topologies of the relationships and dependencies between assets and business services.
With Virima ITSM, your service delivery will improve, IT ops and security will have the information they need to keep you running efficiently and securely and responding to compliance and financial audits will be easier than ever before.
Without a doubt, IT environments are complex. With cloud services, 3rd party components, and employees bringing their own devices (BYOD) to work, it can sometimes