ViVID™ Service Mapping
ViVID (Virima Visual Impact Display) Service Mapping provides application and service dependency mapping with dynamic visual depictions of your IT infrastructure, application dependencies, business services, and ITSM process relationships.
See the Big Picture
Seemingly minor configuration changes have been known to have dire consequences. Application dependency mapping helps you easily identify stakeholders and understand the potential risks when planning IT infrastructure changes.
Service Mapping That Eliminates the Guesswork
“What changed?” is usually the first thing people ask when a service interruption occurs. Service mapping, and not just application dependency mapping, helps you identify root causes of incidents to quickly restore service availability.
Maximize CMDB Value
Make sure your CMDB adds true value across the organization and isn’t just a glorified spreadsheet full of hard-to-consume data. Service mapping helps turn the CMDB into a trusted resource for countless stakeholders.
How ViVID Service Mapping works
Map Any Service
- If the service runs as an application, website, or combination of the two, application dependency mapping tools by Virima will help you map them.
- Leverage the ability to map on-premise, cloud-based, and hybrid services as well.
- Business service dependency mapping is available for major applications such as “Epic” and “payroll”.
- ViVID allows mapping of abstract business services consisting of many apps like “order entry” or “HR”.
Mapping Made Easy with Automated Discovery
- Virima Discovery provides the CMDB with several data points to compile asset relationships and application dependencies.
- Virima CMDB compiles the data into various Business Service Maps (BSMs).
- ViVID service mapping is as easy as naming the service and pointing it to a logical starting point such as an app or web server and all of their relationships become part of the service map.
- Any change to the CMDB data is automatically reflected in the service map.
Reduce the risk of change
- Use application dependency maps to identify what could be impacted during change windows or if something could go wrong as a result of the change.
- Identify and coordinate with necessary stakeholders and involve in the change approval process.
- With ITSM integration, service maps display which service assets have changes pending and which have recently received changes.
- Quickly find out who to contact if a recent change appears to cause a service disruption.
Recover from outages faster
- Integrate with system monitoring tools to automatically display alerts that could impact service availability before the effects are felt.
- ITSM integration displays which business services and service assets have open incidents.
- Quickly identify root causes of service interruptions by seeing which service assets have open incidents and recent changes. “What changed?” scenario.
- Clicking “re-scan now” triggers a real-time scan of only the mapped service assets to confirm everything is online and allows you to check for any unapproved or undocumented changes.
- Stay abreast of any changes occurring across services, applications, compute platforms, network, and storage.
- Use ViVID to confirm the completeness of the CMDB by ensuring no relationships exist with non-CMDB assets.
- Identify suspect communications with external systems.
- Quickly identify critical service assets and single points of failure.
- Leverage discovery and dependency mapping and ITSM integration with ServiceNow, Cherwell and Jira.
Consumable and personalized
- Virima’s service mapping tools enable you to create filters to focus only on the asset types that matter to you.
- Organize asset icons in any order you prefer and the connecting lines automatically follow.
- Save, share, export, and print customized business service management (BSM) views.
- Assign meaningful names to asset relationships for a clearer understanding of service mapping relationships and application dependencies.
- Color coding depicts the nature of asset-to-asset relationships for easier comprehension.
Virima can tell you more things about more IT assets with greater accuracy than ever imagined and present the info in a variety of powerful, dynamic visualizations and reports.
Virima breaks down the information silos by providing accurate, detailed asset configurations and easy to understand visual topologies of the relationships and dependencies between assets and business services.
With Virima ITSM, your service delivery will improve, IT ops and security will have the information they need to keep you running efficiently and securely and responding to compliance and financial audits will be easier than ever before.
It’s not uncommon for companies to have assets that are never inventoried, or even known to exist. This means that when a disaster or other
The role of IT has grown significantly in the last decade. Today, IT needs to deliver more value than ever, with more efficiency and agility.
In today’s competitive business world, anything less than optimal efficiency can create a big problem for the continuity of your operations. That’s why businesses are
Most organizations know that service mapping is important, but they don’t know how to do it or where to start. The first step is to
If you’ve ever tried to map out your IT infrastructure, you know how challenging it can be. Service mapping is an aspirational tool for the
The benefits of having a configuration management database (CMDB) are clear: But having a CMDB can be challenging. There are many potential pitfalls that can
As part of the IT team, how often are you asked what assets are present on your network? As somebody responsible for finding, tracking, and
The cloud is a new frontier. An accurate, well-maintained Configuration Management Database (CMDB) can help to reduce the risks of the cloud transition and support
Your business is only as good as the experiences it offers its customers. Despite that, many organizations need help to provide great customer experiences for
When it comes to IT infrastructure, it’s important to know what you have and how it works. Service mapping is a technique that helps you
Before you delve headlong into service mapping implementation, it is imperative that you properly prepare the necessary elements for the same. Business service mapping is
Automated IT discovery tools are often overlooked, even by large corporations. The IT environment is constantly changing. Applications are continuously added, removed, or modified while
In order to understand why your CMDB needs to constantly remain accurate, let us first understand the role it plays in your business. Organizations, especially
ServiceNow Discovery may not be giving you everything you need. Keep reading to discover why. Automated IT asset discovery is a must-have to quickly find
With 200+ viable choices in the market, of course, there are options for IT departments looking to deploy or replace their current IT Service Management
The ITIL 4 Incident and Problem Management process is made up of a number of different tasks that pertain to problem management in every type
An ITIL configuration item (CI) is a basic building block for your Configuration Management Database (CMDB). And your ITIL CMDB is a critical element of
What is service mapping? To understand the business value of IT service mapping, it’s important to shift to a service delivery mindset, rather than thinking
The Configuration Management Database (CMDB) contains information about the enterprise’s logical and physical assets. Modern service management platforms provide core functionality referenced by all service
A previous post discussed “The problems with your problem management” and some of the obstacles standing between your organization and true, proactive problem management. This
Are you planning a move to the cloud, or have you already made the move and now want to make the most of it? No
There is an old saying that you can’t manage something unless you can measure it. IT asset discovery can provide you with accurate and up-to-date
Incidents are a part of business, particularly for companies with a large dependency on technology and data. When major incidents happen, business processes, the ability
Asset management vs. configuration management: Is it really one versus the other? Masters of asset and configuration management appear to travel in different circles, with
Some people think that an IT service desk is the same thing as an IT help desk. It isn’t and we’re going to explain the
The most significant ServiceNow CMDB best practice is having a system with data you can trust. ServiceNow will tell you that, so will your stakeholders
IT asset management (ITAM) and inventory management are both useful practices that can benefit any organization using IT. Inventory management can exist without IT asset
The value of a Configuration Management Database (CMDB) is undisputed when carefully implemented with a clear plan in place about how the CMDB database will
Incident management is crucial while dealing with major incidents. They are the crises that have widespread impacts on your employees, disrupt your operations, and impact
Business service mapping is the area of configuration management that perplexes so many IT professionals. Yet, it provides the highest value in Configuration Management Database
Understanding the Configuration Management Database (CMDB) and its core functions is a critical aspect of service management. The CMDB forms the hub of numerous service
Without a doubt, IT environments are complex. With cloud services, 3rd party components, and employees bringing their own devices (BYOD) to work, it can sometimes