Service Mapping provides dynamic visual depictions of the relationships between your IT infrastructure, application dependencies, business services and ITSM processes.
Best of all, Virima Discovery and CMDB perform all the heavy lifting so you don’t have to worry about every little detail.
See the big picture
Seemingly minor configuration changes have been known to have dire consequences. Service mapping helps you easily identify stakeholders and understand the potential risks when planning IT infrastructure changes.
“What changed?” is usually the first thing people ask when a service interruption occurs. Service mapping, and not just application dependency mapping, helps you identify root causes of incidents to quickly restore service availability.
Maximize CMDB value
Make sure your CMDB adds true value across the organization and isn’t just a glorified spreadsheet full of hard to consume data. Service mapping helps turn the CMDB into a trusted resource for countless stakeholders.
How it works
Map any service
- No matter if the service runs as an application, website or combination of the two, it can be mapped
- Map on-premise, cloud based and hybrid services as well
- Map major applications such as “Epic” and “payroll”
- Map abstract business services consisting of many apps like “order entry” or “HR”
Mapping made easy with automated discovery
- Virima Discovery provides the CMDB with several data points to compile asset relationships and application dependencies
- Virima CMDB compiles the data into various Business Service Maps (BSMs)
- Service mapping is as easy as naming the service and pointing it to a logical starting point such as an app or web server and all of their relationships become part of the service map
- Any change to the CMDB data is automatically reflected in the service map
Reduce the risk of change
- Use service maps to identify what could be impacting during change windows or if something goes wrong as a result of the change
- Identify and coordinate with necessary stakeholders and involve in the change approval process
- With ITSM integration, service maps display which service assets have changes pending and which have recently received changes
- Quickly know who to contact if a recent change appears to cause a service disruption
Recover from outages faster
- Integrate with system monitoring tools to automatically display alerts that could impact service availability before the effects are felt
- ITSM integration displays which business services and service assets have open incidents
- Quickly identify root causes of service interruptions by seeing which service assets have open incidents and recent changes. “What changed scenario?”
- Clicking “re-scan now” triggers a real time scan of only the mapped service assets to confirm everything is on-line and allows you to check for any unapproved or undocumented changes
- Stay abreast of any changes occurring across services, applications, compute platforms, network and storage
- Use to confirm completeness of the CMDB by ensuring no relationships exist with non-CMDB assets
- Identify suspect communications with external systems
- Quickly identify critical service assets and single points of failure
- Leverage service mapping and ITSM integration with ServiceNow, Cherwell and Jira
Consumable and personalized
- Create filters to focus only on the asset types that matter to you
- Organize asset icons in any order you prefer and the connecting lines automatically follow
- Save, share, export and print customized BSM views
- Assign meaningful names to asset relationships for a clearer understanding of the relationship
- Color coding depicts the nature of asset to asset relationships for easier comprehension
Virima can tell you more things about more IT assets with greater accuracy than ever imagined and present the info in a variety of powerful, dynamic visualizations and reports.
Virima breaks down the information silos by providing accurate, detailed asset configurations and easy to understand visual topologies of the relationships and dependencies between assets and business services.
With Virima ITSM, your service delivery will improve, IT ops and security will have the information they need to keep you running efficiently and securely and responding to compliance and financial audits will be easier than ever before.