Optimize Costs with Actionable Insights
Identify underutilized hardware and software assets and reclaim or re-allocate them to derive maximum efficiency and savings with the Virima ITAM platform. Make sure your most critical IT assets are well protected with modernized asset tracking.
Stay Audit-proof while Minimizing Costs and Disruptions
The next audit is always just around the corner! Virima ITAM solution helps you stay relevant and compliant when it comes to your IT asset inventory, licensing, patch, security, financial governance, risk, and compliance (GRC) reports.
Faster Incident Resolution
Reduce downtime and expenses by resolving incidents as they occur. Leverage Virima ITAM to analyze your IT environment for accurate forecasts and link hardware and software services to end-users through ITAM tools to strengthen your position with vendors.
How Virima ITAM works
ITAM is significant for your organization because when done right, it can not only improve agility in your business processes but also provides indispensable insights for asset lifecycle management, helping you maximize your investment in IT and spend efficiently. Some of the crucial features of Virima ITAM include:
Robust Platform and Integrations
- Full-featured CMDB (ITIL-compliant Service Asset and Configuration Management) with ViVID Service Mapping
- Native integration with Virima’s powerful Discovery and ITSM
- Windows agent supports Work from Anywhere (WFA) configuration tracking
- Deep out-of-the-box integration with ITSM platforms from Ivanti/Cherwell, ServiceNow, and Jira and cloud providers AWS and Azure
- Easy to deploy SaaS with multi-region AWS hosting and SOC2 Type II certified
- Vulnerability lookup to NIST National Vulnerability Database (NVD) included
Windows Discovery Agent
- Alternative to Virima agentless discovery allowing for more frequent monitoring of network-connected Windows PCs and servers while also alleviating many security and credentialing concerns
- Easy to deploy directly from the Virima UI or as an MSI via Microsoft SCCM and other software distribution tools
- Virima’s new Work from Anywhere “WFA” solution keeps tabs on remote PC’s daily configuration changes and software usage over the Internet
- Track the actual software usage for software metering reports to reclaim underutilized licenses
IT Asset Lifecycle Management
- Virima ITAM ensures end-to-end management of all data center, edge, cloud, stockroom, software, and non-IT assets
- Configurable status designations: i.e., requested, ordered, development, production, and decommissioned
- Pair with ITSM Request Fulfillment to handle approval and assignment of new IT assets
- Track allocation and support ownership from initial assignment through hand-off to disposition
Software License Management
- Track license entitlements against the actual number of software installs with device-level and ownership details with our dynamic IT asset management platform featuring automated Discovery.
- Control costs by installing the Windows Discovery Agent for software license metering to identify and reclaim underutilized software, wherever the PC roams!
- Be prepared for cost hikes at the next enterprise software audit or avoid them with the evidence to challenge inflated usage totals
Vendor and Contract Management
- Manage vendor service level agreements (SLAs) as well as those your organization is responsible to uphold
- Monitor compliance with procurement and service agreements
- Have the necessary knowledge to prepare for contract negotiations and maintenance renewals
- Update and manage contracts regularly to improve operational and financial performance
- Virima ITAM platform enables the intelligent reporting engine to generate KPI dashboards and metrics that are critical to the management of your IT portfolio landscape
- Virima’s efficient IT asset management tool helps you make informed decisions regarding IT asset purchases, evaluate deployment decisions, and maintain organizational structure
- You can proactively address IT security and compliance risks and have the evidence to prove it
ITAM Best Practices
When considering appropriate IT management practices for your organization and its IT assets, there are many things to account for. Always ensure that you take the size of the enterprise, the number of IT assets and its various complexities into consideration. The following best practices will help you assess the right fit for your organization:
Virima’s configuration management automation for hybrid IT environments ensures your C-suite, ITOps, DevOps, SecOps, and GRC stakeholders gain the critical insights needed to make informed and timely decisions.
Best of all, Virima’s intelligent CMDB automation capabilities, integrations, and optional end-to-end IT asset management (ITAM) and IT service management (ITSM) solutions are SaaS delivered and available for an extremely low total cost of ownership. Nothing beats Virima’s value!
Challenges & Solutions
IT Asset Management (ITAM) is a type of business management that’s directly connected to your organization’s IT infrastructure. It is a set of business processes designed to manage the lifecycle and inventory of an organization’s IT assets.
An IT asset is any company-owned information, system, or hardware. It is used in the course of business activities such as a laptop, printer, WiFi router, installed applications, software licenses, and more. The main types of IT assets are software, hardware, and cloud assets.
- Maintaining a complete and accurate asset inventory
- Having more control over and visibility into the company’s total IT environment
- Bringing more organization to IT lifecycle management
- Reducing waste by managing hardware assignments and software usage
- Ensuring the proper disposal of IT assets
ITAM should also provide the organization with a deep knowledge of its information systems which can be leveraged for the rapid identification and resolution of problems and avoidance of security vulnerability exploits.
IT asset management provides the baseline for risk assessment and control. Without ITAM do you really know enough about your IT assets to understand your risk exposure and how best to mitigate it? Does every vulnerability require the same level of attention? Effective ITAM gives IT managers a better handle on assessing an organization’s risk exposure, set mitigation priorities, and assign actions to the best resources to respond.
The IT asset lifecycle is the sequence of stages that an organization’s information technology asset goes through during the time span of its ownership. Beginning with requesting, planning and procurement to provisioning and deployment, maintenance, monitoring and upgrade, and, then, IT asset disposition.
The IT asset management process involves gathering a detailed inventory of an organization’s compute and network hardware plus operating system and installed software assets. This information can help you make informed business decisions about IT-related purchases and redistribution.
IT inventory and discovery go hand in hand for effective IT asset management. Inventory is usually a collection of managed assets such as a laptop, printer or server. You may also have an inventory of enterprise software entitlements. But without discovery, how do you tie the hardware and software together? How do you inventory other virtual assets such as VM’s and cloud resources? That’s where iscovery comes in. A sophisticated discovery tool like Virima’s IT Asset Discovery will scan your entire IT environment, both on-premise and cloud to automatically detect hardware assets and their software such as operating systems and patches, installed software versions and license keys. Discovery can be scheduled for set and forget recurring scans so your IT asset inventory is kept up to date and reliable. Virima Discovery accomplishes this in hours, not weeks and months with manual inventorying.
Virima can tell you more things about more IT assets with greater accuracy than ever imagined and present the info in a variety of powerful, dynamic visualizations and reports.
When it comes to evaluating change management software, Virima sets the bar for flexibility, breadth of features, ease of use, and outstanding value. It truly puts you in control
Virima breaks down the information silos by providing accurate, detailed asset configurations and easy to understand visual topologies of the relationships and dependencies between assets and business services.