Is what’s running in the cloud a little too foggy?
Deploying applications to the cloud saves money and allows for more rapid deployments. But managing the cloud sprawl is a challenge for IT. And since anyone with a credit card can create their own cloud environment, IT is sometimes left out of the loop until there is a problem. If not properly supported, managed, secured, reported and audited, the cloud’s intended benefits may not be fully realized or provide no benefits at all.
Clear away cloud “fog” with Virima. Virima tracks your cloud-based assets as easily as if they were on-prem. With API integration to cloud provider management consoles, your virtual assets like AWS EC2 Instances and Azure Virtual Machines are listed alongside your other CMDB assets. Additionally, Virima’s Discovery App can run within the cloud environment for application discovery and dependency mapping. Now you can fully manage your cloud-based apps, ID dependencies to on premise resources, and tie everything back to the business services they support.
Use Virima’s request, change and release workflows to make sure the cloud environments are correctly built in the first place. This reduces cloud sprawl and ensures applications are built on properly-sized environments that are developer, IT and IT Sec approved.
And because dependencies and relationships are fully mapped back to on-premise assets and the business services, audits for inventory, security, and compliance are much more easily managed.
- Integration with AWS and Azure management consoles
- Run Discovery App in cloud for application dependency mapping
- Connect the dots to other cloud and on-premise assets
- Map all dependencies and relationships to business services
- Tie incidents and problems to appropriate cloud assets
- Properly handle requests for new instances
- Manage changes and releases to cloud-based assets