When Improvements are not enough
The 80% of IT Infrastructure & Operations Directors I know can’t fix things in their environment unless there is a compelling business reason.
You “gotta” have a catalyst.
A little poke to push the powers-that-be to let go of the budget.
You know what you would do with it. You know exactly where you would invest the money to make everyone’s life easier.
We know it too. Nothing like a change of events to give you air cover to fix the things that, if you had the time or unlimited resources, you would have fixed already. Part of the issue is that your team is too busy fighting fires to be proactive. The other part is that the real fixes, not the Band-Aids, cost money.
We also find that a good time to implement an integrated IT Management platform is concurrent with a major organizational change. A big part of our approach with our platform, Virima™, is driving adoption. The only way to eat a 100 lb. cake, is one bite at a time. To that end, we built in the project management role as part of the IT Asset and Service Management process. Everything stays on track.
We have also created a turn-key asset inventory service so you get a snapshot of your current state as a baseline going forward. It is a lot easier to maintain, than it is to catch-up.
So, if you are experiencing one or more of the issues below, consider making a change to your asset and service management strategy to multiply the return on your investment:
- Finding time and resources for an infrastructure refresh that involves consolidating, migrating, and modernizing aging infrastructures. Or, moving to an external hosted environment, mirroring in a new data center, etc.
- A new CIO is coming in with a mandate to improve IT performance.
- A merger or acquisition is triggering a consolidation and modernization of the IT environment.
- Business growth is putting increased pressure on IT to improve standardization, responsiveness, and process improvement to meet the increased requirements.
- Moving towards DevOps, Software Defined Networking, or other trend that will require upgrading the game.
- Upgrading information security compliance and data controls which lacks a formalized system of management.
- Your company has increased external IT regulatory auditing requirements from customers that are now requiring third party vendor audits to certify that you are secure and follow standardized processes.
Latest posts by Mike Bombard (see all)
- Global Entertainment Giant Selects Virima Over ServiceNow - December 4, 2019
- ServiceNow Discovery – Is it right for you? - November 20, 2019
- ServiceNow Competitors – Are There Any? - October 24, 2019